Sunday, August 5, 2012

About time

Obsessions. Sean and I are both very obsessive people. We tend to get an idea in our head and think and dwell on it for months or even years. My main obsession is animals (obviously). My husbands main obsession is cars. He loves cars. Fast cars, old cars, fast old cars....pretty much anything to do with automobiles. But there is one type of car that has held his interest for years and years. In fact since he was a boy he's been drooling over these particular cars. Corvettes. I will find him sitting at the computer, at least once a day, cruising Craigslist looking for Corvettes. It's such a normal daily routine that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

That is until Wednesday when he gets home from work to inform me that he found one heck of a deal on a Corvette. It's 2.5 hours away so we take off Thursday afternoon to go check out this car. He fell in love with it and we drove it home. Actually he drove it home while I drove my car with the kids trying to keep up with him. So we are now the proud new owners of a 1991 Corvette. He plans to drive it to work whenever the weather permits (which is whenever there isn't snow or ice on the road). I've never seen Sean so excited, he's been walking around with a silly grin on his face for the past several days. It's nice to see him so happy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Granny Randi said...

That's quite a smile! So what's his next obsession?