Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome to the World Greta



Greetings once again from your friendly neighborhood guest blogger. It is I, Jessica, blogging for everyone on behalf of the proud mama Mandy. I officially got the go ahead to post the stats and fun fun pictures of the sweet baby girl that was welcomed into the world this morning. You'll have to forgive me if I get the finer details a bit off, such as name spelling and exact time of birth, but I wasn't actually there when it happened. I'm going from memory here folks. And even poor tired mama Mandy's memory is a bit hazy on her whopping two hours of sleep. So without further ado, please everyone, welcome miss Greta Rosalyn to the world. She was born around 10:30 this morning (If I had to guess, I thought I heard Mandy say 10:36 a.m...but don't quote me). Once Mandy got her epidural on the rocks and a tad bit of pitocin injected into her system, it didn't take long for Greta to decide it was time to come out. And bing, bang, boom...three pushes later...we have a beautiful baby girl. She was 8 lbs 11 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. Yup. Just one ounce away from matching her big brother's birth weight.

And folks, I gotta say, that she is just adorable! I got the pleasure of going to visit this evening and got to hold her for the first time. Absolutely beautiful! The proud mommy and daddy are thrilled to have their new baby daughter with them now. She has dark hair, just like Wesley and from what I could tell, dark gray eyes (she was still pretty sleepy so it was a tad hard to tell). Ten fingers, ten toes and a perfect little round head. Anyhow, I'm not sure just how much Mandy wants me to blog about, so I will wrap it up with a nice posting of pictures. Congratulations Mandy, Sean and big brother Wesley! And welcome to the world Greta!

Proud Grandpa with his new granddaughter.


Big brother Wesley's first meeting of baby sister Greta.

Mama Mandy with her baby boy Wesley. Boy she sure misses the little tyke!

Proud Daddy Sean with his precious new daughter.

First Family Photo. Aren't they a good lookin' bunch?


And just an FYI, if you are a interested in a bit more to the story, I have blogged on my page. Feel free to see another picture of Greta here.

2 comments:

Granny Randi said...

Congratulations, Mandy, Sean and Wesley!
Greta is beautiful. I can't wait to hold my new baby girl and play boo with Wesley. See you very soon.
All my love, Nani Randi

Stacy said...

Happy news! We are so thrilled for you. Congratulations! Greta is beautiful.