Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Progression of the pool

The pool demo is officially finished! Sean started taking the deck and pool apart in October of 2007, so a year and a half later it is done. The grass is growing like crazy with all this rain and it is so strange looking out the back row of windows and seeing grass instead of a pool or a muddy hole in the ground. It's simply wonderful. Definitely one of the best improvements to this house that we've made. Sean worked so hard doing this project and I can't thank him enough. I'm lucky to be married to such a determined worker. I've chronicled through pictures below the demo and the end result.

October 2007



March 2008
 
 

March 2008
 
 

April 2008
 
 

June 2008
 
 

July 2008 (isn't the goat a nice addition?)
 
 

September 2008
 
 

March 2009
 
 

May 2009, taken today during the rain. It's done!
 
 

Off to the next project! Now we plan to add a nice smaller deck along the back of the house, this won't be started until next summer at the earliest (since I want to help).

3 comments:

Nate said...

OK, that's amazing! But why did you get rid of the pool? I always thought pools were so much fun.

The Menagerie Momma said...

Fun until you own one. Lots of upkeep, lots of chemicals($), the deck was run down and needed replacing, the pool was leaking, the concrete decking around it was cracked and falling apart, I was scared my kid would someday drown in it(#1 reason), we only swam in it once or twice a season, need I go on? Way too many strikes against it.

Hoofprints said...

Ah, memories. I can't believe I painted that deck like forever ago. Now it's grass and B-E-A-UTIFUL! nice job on the big project guys!